Bacon Jalapeño Fritters
Little bites with big, on-trend flavors. Finish with a squeeze of lime juice and drizzle of natural peanut butter sauce and serve them as an app or premium side.
2, each serving feeds 4-5 people (shareable appetizer)
Fritter yield: 25-30 total, 1’’ diameter
Share to:Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share to Pinterest
IngredientsBacon Jalapeños Fritters:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup bacon chunks, cooked
- 1/3 cup jalapeños, chopped
- 1/4 cup sparkling water
- 4 ounces (4 pumps) Jif® Natural Peanut Butter Sauce
- 1/4 cup jalapeños, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup, loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 4-6 lime wedges, fresh
- Heat fryer to 375°F
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
- Add melted butter and egg, mix until fully combined.
- Add milk, bacon and jalapeño and mix.
- Let batter rest at room temp for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Once rested, add sparkling water to loosen batter.
- Fry small tablespoon-sized dollops of batter for 2-3 minutes per side.
- To serve, place 12-15 fritters in a bowl, drizzle with peanut butter sauce and garnish with fresh jalapeño slices and cilantro leaves. Serve with lime wedges on the side.