Cranberry Curd Tart
A creamy, zesty curd made with real cranberries, freshly juiced oranges served in a gingersnap crust. Naturally sweetened with Sugar In The Raw® and Stevia In The Raw®.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Share to:Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share to Pinterest
For the Crust:
- 1 & 1/2 gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup Sugar In The Raw
- 1/4 cup Stevia In The Raw
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
For Cranberry Curd:
- 12oz bag fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup Sugar In The Raw
- 1/2 cup Stevia In The Raw
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (from about 2 large oranges)
- 6 tablespoons unslated butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 large eggs, beaten
For the Garnish:
- 3/4 cup Sugar In The Raw, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- Thing strips orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Spray a 9” two-piece tart pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl stir together cookie crumbs, sugar, stevia, salt, and butter. Press mixture evenly in bottom and up sides of tart pan. Bake until set, about 15 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan combine cranberries, sugar, stevia, and orange zest and juice. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat and cook until cranberries burst, about 8 minutes.
- Strain cranberry mixture through a sieve over a medium saucepan, pressing on berries to extract all the juice and pulp. Discard anything left in the sieve. Stir butter and eggs into cranberry puree. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat until mixture is steaming and thickened (about 170℉), then scrape into crust.
- Bake tart for 10 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan combine ½ cup sugar and ½ cup water. Bring to a simmer, then take off heat, add cranberries, and let steep 10 minutes. Strain cranberries and transfer them to a rack to dry for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor pulse remaining ¼ cup sugar until finely ground. Roll cranberries in sugar to coat and place back on rack to dry for 10 more minutes.
- Before serving, garnish tart with cranberries and orange zest.