Middle Eastern Cauliflower Flatbread
This crispy curried flatbread is jam-packed with unexpected flavors. A satisfying Jif® Squeeze creamy peanut butter curry spread over grilled flatbread topped with za’atar-roasted cauliflower, peppers and pickled onions. Finished fresh with pomegranate seeds and lemon zest.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
Share to:Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share to Pinterest
For the Spread, yields 2 1/2 cups
- 2 cups Jif Squeeze Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons curry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 cups, cauliflower, bite-sized florets
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons za'atar seasoning
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 tablespoon roasted red bell peppers, julienned
- 5 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- Zest of 3 lemons
- 5 tablespoons pickled red onion slices
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- For the curry spread, combine all ingredients in a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and mix until uniform. Reserve refrigerated for up to 5 days.
- Season cauliflower florets with all za’atar seasoning, olive oil and salt. Roast at 400°F until cauliflower starts to brown and becomes crispy.
- Top each grilled flatbread with ½ cup of curry spread, 2 cups roasted cauliflower and 2 tablespoons roasted red bell pepper strips.
- Bake flatbreads at 400°F until hot and flatbread bottom is crispy.
- Fresh out of the oven, garnish each flatbread with 1 tablespoon of pomegranate seeds, zest of ½ of a lemon, 1 tablespoon of pickled red onion slices and 1 teaspoon of fresh cilantro.