Sticky-Sweet French Toast
A rich and decadent breakfast bake in an irresistibly sweet and sticky caramel sauce made with Jif® Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter, topped with house-made whipped cream or whipped butter.
Servings: 9 (2 pieces per serving)
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Share to:Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Share to Pinterest
- Crisco Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1.5 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup Jif Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 3.5 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 18 (1-inch thick slices) French bread
- 9 large eggs, beaten
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 1 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Whipped cream or whipped butter
- Coat a 13 x 18-inch half sheet baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. Stir brown sugar, butter, peanut butter and corn syrup in small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened. Pour peanut butter mixture into baking dish. Place bread slices over mixture, trimming to fit.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, vanilla and almond extracts in medium bowl. Pour egg mixture over bread. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Remove cover. Bake 45 minutes or until lightly browned. Invert onto large serving platter. Cut into servings. Serve with whipped cream.